Tuesday, September 6, 2011

FELTBOARD: There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly




This is a fun, well know story. I have a story apron version of this too, plus I also do a version where I am just using my body and storytelling. I have the kids help act out the story along with me. As the story goes on you repeat the same bits and the repetition makes it easy for most kids to learn on the spot.

There was an old lady who swallowed a fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly
Perhaps she''l die

There was an old lady who swallowed a spider
That wiggled and jiggles and tickled inside her
She swallowed the spider to catch the fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly
Perhaps she''l die

There was an old lady who swallowed a bird
How absurd she swallowed a bird
She swallowed the bird to catch the spider she swallowed the spider to catch the fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly
Perhaps she''l die

There was a an old lady who swallowed a cat
Imagine that she swallowed a cat
She swallowed the cat to catch the bird, She swallowed the bird to catch the spider she swallowed the spider to catch the fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly
Perhaps she''l die

There was an old lady who swallowed a dog
She went whole hog to swallow the dog
She swallowed the dog to catch the cat, She swallowed the cat to catch the bird, She swallowed the bird to catch the spider she swallowed the spider to catch the fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly
Perhaps she''l die

I know an old lady who swallowed a cow
I don't know how she swallowed a cow
She swallowed the cow to catch the dog, She swallowed the dog to catch the cat, She swallowed the cat to catch the bird, She swallowed the bird to catch the spider she swallowed the spider to catch the fly
I don't know why she swallowed a fly
Perhaps she''l die

I know an old lady who swallowed a horse
She dies of course!

No comments: