Monday, October 18, 2010

2010, 10/19 Storytime Script

1. Welcome Song
2. Book: The Birthday Box by Leslie Patricelli
3. Rhyme: The Wheels on the bus
4. Rum Pum Pum Drum
5. Book: Old MacDonald by Jessica Souhami
6. Stand-up:Two Little Blackbirds Soft Loud Variation
7. Book: Dinnertime by Sue Williams
8. Lullaby: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
9. Feltboard: Ice Cream Cones
10. Yoga

This will be the first storytime I am trying since taking the wonderful Mother Goose on the Loose workshop last week.  I am restructuring a little with the largest change being parents taking part in the program.  Usually they hang in the back and rarely participate, but I am going to take away most of the stools so that they are forced to sit with their kids on the story time carpet.  Not all of the Mother Goose program applies to my style but their are bits and pieces I just love, especially the use of musical instruments and graphics on the feltboard.

While most of the children who attend are ages 3-4 I do have several 2's and a couple babies. I struggle to find a perfect balance to please all the age groups.  Mother Goose seems a viable choice.  I can read longer stories with my kids and blend music and feltboard visuals for all ages.   I will let everyone know how it went tomorrow!